Mr. Courage Dele Famusiwa, Ph.D. in view (IUBMB, NAT)
Mr. Courage D. Famusiwa has M. Tech in Applied Biochemistry and Toxicology, B. Tech in Applied Biochemistry from Federal University of Technology, Akure. He is currently undergoing his Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Toxicology and medicinal chemistry in the Federal University of Technology, Akure. He has an A-level certificate in Science Laboratory technology. He has a Certificate of Intensive Computer Training and a Diploma in Data and Information Technology. He manages and heads the Skyline University chemistry and biochemistry laboratory and teaches physical chemistry, general science, chemistry I and II practical, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and analytical chemistry practicals. He is a certified member of the international union of biochemist and molecular biologist (IUBMB), Nigeria chapter. He is equally member of Nigeria association of toxicologist (NAT).
Lecturer II (Biochemistry)
Mr. Courage F. has over 8 years’ work experience of in teaching and extensive research in the area of chemistry and biochemistry both theoretically and practically from institutions such as Federal University of Technology, Akure. He has consulted for a number of Universities and Schools in Nigeria. He has received a number of trainings on handling chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology instrument and heavy equipment and attained the rank of a certified handler. His research interest spans through the areas of chemistry and biochemistry, with specific interest in toxicology, industrial chemistry and biochemistry, molecular biology, medicinal chemistry and Phytomedicine. His key area of research and interest is the alleviation of diseases with phytochemicals such as flavonoids, phenolics and saponins.
Mr. Courage F. is widely published in reputable journals both nationally and internationally. He has about ten (10) publications to his credit in reputable journals. He has presented papers in International/Local Conferences, contributed and published papers in peer-reviewed Journals which includes Elsevier, pathophysiology, journal of ethnopharmacology and Refereed indexed journals etc. His recent papers “Catechin, quercetin and taxifolin improve redox and biochemical imbalances in rotenone-induced hepatocellular dysfunction: Relevance for therapy in pesticide-induced liver toxicity?” and “Improvement of mitochondrial function by Tapinanthus globifer (A. Rich.) Tiegh. Against hepatotoxic agent in isolated rat's liver mitochondria” were published in Journal of Pathophysiology in November, 2018 and Journal of ethnopharmacology in June, 2019 respectively. Currently, He is working on the effect aqueous extract of Momordica charantia on alloxan-induced Diabetes; in vivo and molecular studies.
- Akinmoladun, A. C., Olaniyan, O O., Famusiwa, C. D., Josiah, S. S., and Olaleye, M. T. (2020). Ameliorative effect of quercetin, catechin and taxifolin on rotenone-induced testicular and splenic weight gain and oxidative stress in rats. Journal of Basic and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology. DOI: 10.1515/jbcpp-2018-0230 (ACCEPTED); has been selected for forthcoming publication.
- Elekofehinti1 O. O., Lawal A. O., Ejelonu O. C., Molehin O. R., Famusiwa C. D. (2019). Involvement of fat mass and obesity gene (FTO) in the anti-obesity action of Annona muricata Annonaceae: in silico and in vivo studies. Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders. (ACCEPTED); has been selected for forthcoming publication.
- Crown, O. O., Ogundele, O. O., Akinmoladun, A. C., Famusiwa, C. D., Josiah, S. S., Olaleye, M. T., and Akindahunsi, A. A. (2019). Effects of Catechin, Quercetin and Taxifolin on Redox Parameters and Metabolites Linked with Renal Health in Rotenone-toxified Rats. Nigerian Journal of Physiological Sciences, 34(1), 1-10.
- Elekofehinti1 O. O., Lawal A. O., Ejelonu O. C., Jeff-Agboola Y. A., Famusiwa C. D., Adanlawo I. G. (2019). In silico antimicrobial properties of saponins against food pathogens and spoilage microorganism. Nig. J. Pure & Appl. Sci., 32 (2). ISSN 0794-0378
- Elekofehinti, O. O., Kamdem, J. P., Saliu, T. P., Famusiwa, C. D., Boligon, A., & Rocha, J. B. T. (2019). Improvement of mitochondrial function by Tapinanthus globifer (A. Rich.) Tiegh. Against hepatotoxic agent in isolated rat's liver mitochondria. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 242, 112026.
- Akinmoladun, A. C., Oladejo, C. O., Josiah, S. S., Famusiwa, C. D., Ojo, O. B., & Olaleye, M. T. (2018). Catechin, quercetin and taxifolin improve redox and biochemical imbalances in rotenone-induced hepatocellular dysfunction: Relevance for therapy in pesticide-induced liver toxicity?. Pathophysiology, 25(4), 365-371.